Sunday, June 01, 2014

MIND MAP SUMMARIES of ENGINEERING MATERIALS (CHAP 3 & 4)


CHAP3 PCS - NOTICE HOW I LINKED BRANCHES TO KEY WORDS LIKE, HARDENING, NORMALIZING, EUCTECTOID, EUTECTIC, ETC. (Photo Credit: MAI SHUN HAN)








NOTICE HOW CHAP3 INFORMATION IS LINKED TO CHAP4? THE NORMALISING, HARDENING, FULL ANNEALING, PROCESS ANNEALING, SPHERIODISATION ANNEALING PROCESSES AS WELL AS THE TEMPERING AND COOLING RATES OF VARIOUS QUENCHING MEDIA IS SHOWN. (Photo Credit: LIU CHAO)


The above postings reflect just one of my different styles of teaching engineering materials to my students. It is so different from the way I remembered how my professor taught me this very important subject during my undergraduate days. At that time there was no powerpoint slides - only OHPs, his voice and the blackboard. He seldom used the board and frequently read the notes from his textbook.

I hope, many of my students find the above graphical illustrations useful and that they find it easy to digest the important key points that will help them remember.

One may wonder why I posted these illustrations as Mind Maps. I regarded them as Central Images for the various Chapters that I am teaching. The branches that "comes" out of the picture provided the necessary association and hence, enable my students to remember useful key information easily. 

Please enjoy and have fun analysing the mind map!