Sunday, May 25, 2014

MIND MAP OF PROF ROY J GLAUBER's LECTURE ON "WHAT IS QUANTUM OPTICS?"

15th Asian Physics Olympiad Nobel Laurette Talk on "What is Quantum Optics" by Professor Roy J Glauber, Harvard University on 18 May 2014 in NUS, Singapore

The talk was interesting and I enjoyed mind mapping the lecture and historical anecdotes on over more than 100 years of scientific "quantum" discoveries delivered over one and a half hour.

The first half of the lecture proceeded on brilliantly as Professor Glauber told an extremely wonderful story about Optics from Ancient, Classical and to the "Quanta" ages. Layman like myself, thoroughly enjoyed the beautiful way that Prof. Glauber had related it. However, as the lecture time inched closer towards the start of the APhO2014 Closing Ceremony, the Nobel Laurette had to speed up his otherwise, brilliant lecture on "Quantum Optics" so much so that, I only added some of the keywords mentioned in my mind map. For viewers interested to know Prof Glauber storyline, they could easily 'googled' for more information using the keywords that I left in my mind map above.

Please enjoy and have fun reading the beginnings of 'Quantum Optics' from my mind map!